Minimum Internet connection requirements
The minimum requirements to run FISHING PLANET is a permanent ADSL or broadband Internet connection. Dial-up Internet connections will not work.
Solutions for connection failure
Depending on your computer and/or router configuration, you may experience problems when connecting to game servers.
To improve your connectivity:
- Enable uPnP (universal plug and play) on your router. The game can use this to automatically forward a port from the router to the computer.
- Port forward TCP ports 4530, 4531, 4532. Guides to how you can forward ports: Port forwarding
If problem persists:
- Make sure your router's firmware is upgraded the latest version.
- Unplug your router for 10 minutes and plug it back in. Some older routers degrade in performance over time until it is rebooted, similar to a PC.
- Disable any firewall or other network filtering for the game or create a permanent firewall rule that allow your computer to communicate (inbound and outbound) with game servers, using TCP protocol on ports 4530, 4531, 4532.
The following guide shows you how to create a permanent firewall rule for FISHING PLANET, using built-in Windows® 7 firewall: